How to Defrag Windows 8.1? [8 Easy Solutions]
How to Defrag Windows 8.1: The process to optimize the drivers and the defragment of the drivers are very important for the Windows. On the other hand, the previous versions of the windows 7, this was named as the Disk Defragmenter. In addition to it, it is also available in Windows 10 and this tool is similar to that of the old one but the name of this tool is changed in the latest version of Windows 10. Moreover, this tool contains a lot of potentials to perform various tasks at a time and it will also keep the health of your PC perfect.
How it can affect the Performance of PC?
However, the users update their devices all the time like they add the data, delete the files, change as well as create the files in PC. Therefore, in this way, the system will become much messy and you will not be able to arrange them properly. Henceforth, this is here for your help and it will help you to easily arrange all the files and data in a proper manner. On the other hand, these are even very simple to open and search. In addition to it, the users can use the various easy methods to optimize their Windows drives.
8 Easy Solutions:
Moreover, here are a lot of useful methods and solutions that can allow the users to add optimize and defragment drives to their Windows. Additionally, this Defragmenter is one of the best ever tool that has the ability to organize and arrange the files and data in your devices and it will also enhance the working and functions of your PC.
Solution 1: Optimize the Drivers and Open Defragment to Defrag Windows 8.1:
- If the users have Windows 7 then they can search the Defragmenter instrument form the search bar in the control panel and after that open the system security.
- This administer instrument has the ability to Defragment the hard drivers.
- Click on the start menu option to defrag the system, with the help of the win keys.
- Find the tools named as the Optimize drives and Defragment that appears on the screen.
- Once this tool is opened then choose the drivers that the users want to Defragment.
- On the other hand, after the completion of the analysis process, after that, the users can watch the %age of the Defragment. And it has reached the point at which the defragment is 10 % then this is the best time for you to defrag.
- Press the optimize button for the defragment process to continue. Further, if the defragment is more in your devices then this process will take more time.
- And if the users do not make the defragments then they can easily leave this running after just a few minutes.
- As the process completes, the users can easily close the defragmenter instrument.
Note: the power outage and sudden interruption to the process may lead to various major issues such as the files may also freeze and corrupt.
Solution 2: Easy Steps:
- Click the Win + E keys.
- Once your Computer’s open, open the files that need to be defragmented and open Seagate drive with the help of the right-click.
- Open properties.
- Press on the tools.
- Press the option Defragment.
- However, if you want to check the needs to defragment the drives the users can also choose the option Disk Analyze.
- Press the Disk Defragment to begin the process of defragmentation.
- Select close to finish the process.
Solution 3: Defrag Windows 8.1 By Setting Indexing Options:
- The process to defrag Windows 8.1 on your PC is a quite easy and efficient process.
- Press the start button and write Defrag.
- From the results, select the Optimize and Defragment drives.
- Open Optimize, launch the process to defragment. And it is a little bit lengthy process.
- When this process is in success, try not to pen anything else on your PC because this process will take some time.
- Now press the OK button.
Solution 4: Disable Search Option in Windows:
- Click on Win + X + P at ponce to view Control Panel.
- Find Services.
- Just beneath the Administrative tool to open View Local Services.
- Open the HomeGroup Provider as well as the HomeGroup Listener.
- Open them with right-click step by step, after that choose the Stop option to stop further running.
Solution 5: Disable Defender protection of Windows:
- Go the control panel with the help of the keys Win + x + P.
- Find out the Windows Defender option and after that open it from given results.
- The open tab named Settings and disable the actual-time protection and after that you need to choose the save changes option.
Solution 6: Stop SuperFetch Files:
- Open Run Box with the help of the keys Win + R.
- Press MSC.
- You will see a new window and find the SuperFetch file.
- Click the right to select properties.
- Press the option startup Kind. And then choose the Disable option.
- After this, you need to press Apply & Ok and then save changes.
Solution 7: Usage of Command Prompt:
- Click the keys Win + X + P and start the command Prompt.
- After that, the users need to press option Defrag.
- After that, the users will have to wait until the process completes itself, and after that reboot the PC.
Also, Check-Out: Avast Secureline VPN
Solution 8: Set Index Options:
- Click keys Win + Z, open menu.
- And click on the P and you can also directly open the Control Panel.
- Organize option view by with small or the big icon.
- Search and press the Index Options.
- Further, press the Modify option.
- And after that choose the Run Box that the users like to find.
- After that click on the OK button.
However, with the help of these all the methods the users can easily defrag the windows 8.1 and they will not face any type of issue and problem. On the other hand, you will be able to get the more efficient and perfect PC that will provide the best ever performance.