How to change the username on windows 10?
How to change the username on windows 10?: Whenever the users install the latest version of windows, they need to set their username and this will hold the users off guard. In addition to it, the users will add the temporary name that pops up into their mind that they can change later. On the other hand, it is not very simple and easy to change names on Windows 10. Henceforth, it is not a straight forward process to change the user name. In other words, the users need to follow a few steps to change the name of their user account.
What is the Username and Account name?
However, the username is used for your identity. On the other hand, the users use this name to sign in their Windows. In addition to it, sometimes the users may add wring username while they make a new user account. Henceforth, the users need to fix this mistake as soon as possible. Furthermore, the latest settings of the windows do not allow the option to change the name and edit the name.
Change name on Sign-in Screen on Windows 10:
Further, the users can change their username in other setting options. The reason is that the latest version of Windows 10 does not contain any option that can allow you to change the name straight forward. Moreover, you can perform various functions on windows 10 with the help of the username sign in. Whether it is not very simple for the users who have local accounts and the Microsoft accounts they will require to use a different way to change the name and they have to use different user guides.
Why you should change username?
In addition to it, it is necessary to change the username and account name on your Windows 10. For example, some of the users do not want to show their username and they think it as a privacy concern and they try to hide it. However, most of the users can use it without any issue and problems and they are convenient with it to add their own username. Moreover, mostly those people try to hide their username because their system and windows are used publically and they don’t want to share their identity.
Similarly, you want to change your username and want to show your details and if the users are using any local user name and besides their account name, they want to display their own full name, the users have to change their username. Moreover, it does not matter whatever are the reasons it will help the users to change their username whenever they want. On the other hand, they can access and change their name when they try to access their account in Windows 10 on the sign-in screen.
Administrator Access to change Username:
In other words, in order to open and change the username, the users should have the Microsoft account. On the other hand, if you are not signed in with your Microsoft account. And you have to use any local account than the users should contain the administrator access. However, if you got the user administrator rights, you can easily change the name of your Windows 10 within minutes.
Moreover, it will not alter the names of your files and folders that contain your important data. For instance, the users can change their user name through different methods like they can change it from the control panel as well as from configuration settings and others.
4 Easiest Methods to change Username on Windows 10
On the other hand, the users have to adopt various steps to change the user name. These methods are given as follows:
- Change name through the Control Panel.
- Change name through Local Groups and Users.
- Further, Change the name through the Netplwiz.
- And change the name through Settings.
Method 1: Change name through the Control Panel:
Additionally, the users can change the name through the Control panel in an easy way such as:
- Step 1: Open the control panel of Windows 10 and after that open the perfect match for it.
- 2: select “change the Account type” beneath the tag User Account while the control panel is present in the category display.
- 3: Select the account that shows the user name you want to alter.
- 4: After that chose the “change Account Name” from the left side of the panel.
- 5: Type the new name that you want to change and then click the button “Change Name”. In such a way it will show you changed the name on the startup screen.
Method 2: Change name through Local Groups and Users:
- Step 1: click the Win+ R key to open up the Run box.
- 2: From the left side of the Control Panel, Open the User Folder and after that press two times the name of users that you want to alter.
- 3: Write the full name in the Name Box and click Apply and then Ok button.
Method 3: Change Name through Netplwiz:
Moreover, the users can change the username even from the Netplwiz in a simple method.
Step 1: Add the Netplwiz in the Cortana search bar of Windows 10. After then press the perfect match for it.
2: Select the name that you like to alter and after that open the properties.
3: In the section of Full Name, enter mew name that you like to apply. Press the Apply and Ok buttons to finish the process.
In such a way your new name will be shown in the startup screen of Windows 10.
Method 4: Change Name through Settings:
However, if the users are logged in through their Microsoft accounts they can change their Username through windows settings.
- Step 1: Open the startup menu, choose the setting option from the quick access menu bar.
- 2: Press Accounts in settings of Windows 10.
- 3: After that press, the option “Manage My Microsoft Account”.
- 4: Click “More Options” and open the option “Edit Profile”.
- 5: Open the “Edit Name” option.
- 6: Type your new name and save it.
- Finally, your windows name will change to a new one.
Also, Get Here Microsoft Office 2019 Product Key