Fix Windows 8 App is Not Working [8 Simple Ways]
How To Fix This Issue?
Fix Windows 8 App is Not Working: Earlier before Windows 10, Windows 8 had become very popular and people demanded these windows a lot. The reason is that this operating system was the latest one and had a lot of the latest features than the previous windows. In addition to it, it had a new look as well. On the other hand, this tool was the best ever operating system in the market developed by Microsoft.
Moreover, this window contains the apps in a tab mode so that the users will be able to see the apps on their windows screen easily. Further, most of the users loved this latest operating system because it had the latest intuitive interface as well as it has the metro apps.
What makes Windows 8 popular?
However, users can also download other apps from the play store. In other words, this software was one of the best of them all the old ones. However, this version of the windows contains a lot of efficient and amazing apps that the previous window 7 does not have. Therefore, the users fell in love while using these windows and it will also provide a new look to your computer screen.
What type of problems the users can face in Windows 8?
On the other hand, despite its amazing functions and features, the users can still face some problems in this window. Additionally, it will show some apps not supporting and not starting error. For instance, it will be very disappointing for the users. In addition to it, this also shows not responding functions of the early downloaded apps. Sometimes the users may open the Microsoft store but when you actually try to install and download the apps it will not work properly and you will only see and error.
Reasons behind these Problems:
- Sometimes the Group Policy permission can cause this problem.
- In other words, the firewall settings of windows as well.
- If apps do not get the proxy.
- Even due to registry problems.
- Many other causes can also lead to this problem.
However, in order to properly run these apps, the users need to fix these problems. On the other hand, you can follow these simple solutions to fix these problems. In addition, it is not very difficult to remove these problems.
Solutions to Fix Windows 8 Apps Not Working:
Here we will discuss some easy ways to fix these issues, all you need to do is to follow these various ways that are given below;
1. Re-install Apps:
- Firstly you need to uninstall the app.
- Now open the MS store and download the apps from there.
- After the installation is done.
- Open the app and check whether it’s working or not.
2. Clean Registry:
- Moreover, you can also perform the registry clean up to fix this problem.
- Open the registry clean up and clear all registry.
- This registry clean up may remove the problem that is causing the error.
- Use a registry clean up tool to scan PC.
- However, do not use all registry fixes.
Note: you need to stay away from such a registry that has a warning label on it and you will remain safe.
3. “Package Registry” Corrupted Test:
However, this process is a little bit difficult but we have made this simple so that you can easily understand it.
- Open the ’’ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository”.
- Then it will show the message that the users can’t access this file.
- Run it as an administrator and remove some files from it.
- edb.log and the edbXXXXX.log files
- After this now just simply reboot the Windows and you can easily run the apps on your operating system.
4. Run Files Checker of System:
In addition to it, if all other above-mentioned solutions do not provide any solution then you can follow this process. In this way all you have to do is to;
- Scan your PC and try to replace the files that are corrupt.
- Open the “Command Prompt”.
- Type “sfc /scannow”.
- It will take some time to complete.
- And then it shows you all the apps that are corrupt in your devices and you can now fix them one by one.
5. Official Diagnostic Tool for Apps:
- For this purpose, you need to open the Microsoft Website official and then download the apps.
- Now open the Exe.file to complete the installation.
- Open the advanced tool that is present at the left side on the bottom and that is also present on the screen of the windows.
- Run it as an administrator and press the Troubleshoot to fix these issues.
6. Scan For Viruses to Fix Windows 8 App is Not Working:
Virus Infection is also the reason that will lead apps to not respond. On the other hand, you need to scan the device for any virus and make use that your device is virus-free. However, you can use Avast Antivirus software to remove the virus and install the software and run the process of scanning. In this way, you will be able to remove the threats that can lead to app running issues in your devices.
7. Run Scan:
In addition to it, if your system and app of the system contain any data that is written on the hard disk driver, then it will lead to not responding issue. Further, you can perform the scan process that will find all the bad errors that are the cause of apps not working. Henceforth, you need to find the data automatically so that it will become readable.
- For this purpose, open the PC.
- And now click right on drivers that you would like to scan.
- Choose the Properties option from the menu.
- Open the “Tools” option and after that “Check” option.
- It will perform the scan process.
- Also, this will remove the errors and it will also fix them.
- And repeat this process for all other apps to fix them.
- Finally, It’s all done.
Also Check-Out: How to Defrag Windows 8.1?