Disabled Superfetch in Windows 7, 8, 10
How To Disable It?
Disable Superfetch in Windows: Sometimes the users will see that their system is working very much slow and this is because of a tool that is named the Superfetch. On the other hand, this tool has the ability to use approx. 100 % of the disk and the CPU. Therefore, due to a lot of disk space usage, the system will become slow and it will not perform all the functions properly.
Henceforth, the users may like to disable and stop the Superfetch. In other words, this page contains various methods for the users to solve this problem and they can easily stop the service of super-fetch. Moreover, the users can disable the Superfetch and even the prefetch from their devices such as Windows 10, 8, and Windows 7 within a few minutes.
What are the Functions of Superfetch in Windows 10?
On the other hand, these tools give you the inbuilt tools and features that have the ability to analyze and monitor the memory of the RAM and it will also allow use you to get the software very easily. Further, this tool has the ability to enable the users to use the apps and access the apps and they can also install all the apps in their in-memory of RAM in a very short time.
However, users can generally use it. Moreover, the main function of this tool is to install all types of software in a quick and fastest way. The reason is that this tool can install the apps on the RAM and besides there are a few of the drawbacks of this tool as well. For instance, the drawbacks of this tool are discussed below.
Drawbacks of Superfetch:
This tool will lead to memory loss and it will make your system run out of space. In such a way the users will not be able to add more data and personal files in their devices. Further, this app takes too much disk space therefore, this system will also slow down the working of other apps. On the other hand, this software will also affect the performance of the whole PC.
In this way, it will make your system files slow and it will take too much time to load. This tool is one of the biggest reasons for the usage of space errors. In addition to it, this software is not suitable for the game player because this will slow down the performance of the games and in this way, the users will not be able to enjoy their favorite games. Henceforth, to get rid of all such errors and issues the users need to disable the Superfetch to stop its disadvantages.
How to Disable Superfetch?
Here are some methods that are discussed below and these methods can help you to solve all the errors in your devices that can help you to disable the Superfetch.
Method 1: Disable Superfetch Using Services in Windows:
Moreover, the best way is to disable the super-fetch in your devices and the users can choose this method to solve this issue. And for this purpose, the users need to follow these steps that are given below.
- Press the Win + R keys to run the box.
- Type the services.msc in the search box and then press the OK button.
- It will now open the service page of windows and then the users should navigate super-fetch.
- After that choose this option and click right and select the attributes.
- Now a window will popup and now click the tab named General at the top.
- After that, you should go to Startup type and now press the arrow, then choose the disable option.
- Moreover, now press the Stop option that is under the status of services.
- Now the users need to press OK in order to apply all the changes.
Method 2: Stop Superfetch with the help of Command Prompt:
- In addition to it, the users can also use the Command Prompt to stop Superfetch. You need to follow these few steps;
- Run it as administrator on Prompt Command.
- Now add “net.exe stop Superfetch” and hit the enter button.
- Now enter the “sc config sys main disabled” option and after that click Enter. Moreover, users can also stop the features of Superfetch easily.
Method 3: Disable Superfetch in Windows from Registry:
- Additionally, the users can also stop and disable the features and functions of this tool from the
- Registry. Moreover, for this purpose follow these steps that are given below.
- Press the win keys and to open the Run Box.
- Now type “Regit” and after that, you need to click the enter option.
Moreover, now the editor windows of the registry will be displayed and open various locations in it like:
- Control set
- Session Manager
- Memory Management
- Prefetch Parameters
- Now you need to click on the option “EnableSuperfetch”. Moreover, if it is not available then press the Prefetch parameters and select New option.
In addition to it, nowhere you need to add the EnableSuperfetch with the help of the various values:
- use it to stop Superfetch
- enable the prefetch tool.
- now enable prefetch boot
- enables the prefetching of all the things.
- On the other hand, now users can choose the OK option.
- And after that, you need to shut the editor of the registry.
- At last, it’s all done.
However, now there is no problem even if you see any error in your devices due to su[erfetch because you have all these methods that will help you to solve all these issues. On the other hand, these all are the most used and best methods of all the time. Moreover, all types of users can use it to solve their issues related to the system slow down. Even these methods will help the users to remove all the causes of Superfetch. It is obvious that when the super fetch is disabled the errors caused due to Superfetch will also vanish.